Queer as......camp.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Cyber Love

It's funny, but doesn't it seem that everybody is looking for love in the wrong places?

A couple of days ago, I logged on my gay profile pages and I read some of the other guys' profiles. Interestingly, I've noticed something in the profiles: on top of the million and one guys looking for hookups, hot sex, and anonymous banging, love seems to be next in the priority list.

Call me skeptical, but I really think people that go to gay profile pages like Connexion or Guys4Men or Downelink (and God knows where else) to look for the man of their dreams, their "THE one" are being naive and overly-optimistic. And what's up with people who can easily blurt out "I love you"s after a couple of exchanges of short messages on either the chat rooms or instant messaging windows? Oh please.

Yes, these gay pages (trust me, even Friendster could be a breeding ground...) are *really* great places to find people. But the sole nucleus of it all? Networking. But finding love? Man. Snap out of it. Or better yet, step out of it.

For Chrissakes, step out of the fucking worldwide web, and get a life. If and when you meet someone online, don't be building dreams and relationships and anything else in between inside the web. Go meet up, talk like real human beings do, and see where that leads you to. If love turns out to be one final destination, then, bravo to you.

I know it's seemingly semantics, but, hey, you do NOT find love online. Love's too precious to be confined in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home